As we edge ever closer to the end of this journey to meet our precious twinlets my thoughts are turning to what I’m looking forward to doing once they’re here. I’m hoping I’ll have the time/energy for working through this list slowly!
– sleeping on my stomach! Oh how lovely it will be to not have a giant, heavy, beach ball on my front any more
– walking the 2 older boys to the park. How simple that sounds but oh how I’ve missed it.
– picnics in the summer sunshine
– being in the kitchen for longer than 10 minutes at a time without a sore back. So many recipes I’ve been wanting to try!
– decorating the children’s rooms, their bedrooms need to be painted and spruced up, as does their playroom. I’m so looking forward to finally putting some “Megs” touches on this house
– gardening! I really haven’t ever been a big gardener, but our front yard really needs some love, there are dead plants, plants I don’t like and bare patches to be filled. I’m really looking forward to getting into it and making it the beautiful cottage garden it almost is.
– rolling around on the floor with the big boys. I’ve missed physically playing with them, there’s been no tickling, no jumping on mummy, no wrestling, for so long now, I can’t wait until we get back to normal.
Of course all this will be done amidst soaking up precious newborn snuggles and smells. Oh how delicious it will be having newborns in the house again!